Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Trinity Chapel
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
A Wesleyan Chapel was built on Front Street in Acomb in 1821, and was replaced by the new Trinity Chapel in 1879. In 1947 the congregation of Trinity Chapel amalgamated with that of the Primitive Methodist Sanctuary Chapel, which had opened in 1912.
Trinity Chapel was part of the York, Wesley Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion until 1935 when the York, Wesley and Victoria Bar Circuits joined together and it became part of a new, enlarged Wesley Circuit of a single Methodist Connexion.
Trinity Chapel closed in October 1964 and the present Acomb Methodist Church opened a week later.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Identifier of the related entity
Category of the relationship
Type of relationship
Dates of the relationship
Description of relationship
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
'Ecclesiastical Buildings', in An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 3, South west (London, 1972).
'Protestant Nonconformity', in A History of the County of York: the City of York, ed. P M Tillott (London, 1961).