Showing 89 results

Archival descriptions
The Retreat Archive series
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

THE APPENDAGE, YORK

The Appendage was a house near Walmgate Bar, purchased in 1810 and opened in 1811 as an annexe to the Retreat. It accommodated about a dozen patients who did not need very close confinement. Its acquisition allowed the Retreat to meet the increasi...

TRADESMEN'S CIRCULARS AND ADVERTISEMENTS

These are for all types of goods and services. There are other advertisements among Steward's Incoming Correspondence Files, RET 4/2/2, Household Provisions and Equipment RET 4/3/1-4, and Furnishings, RET 4/5. For other material on suppliers ...

TRAINED NURSES DEPARTMENT

The Trained Nurses Department began in early April 1908, an extension of the Private Nursing Department successfully commenced by the Retreat in 1902. The Trained Nurses Department had a separate location, at 4 Belle Vue Terrace. The function of ...

VISITORS REPORT BOOKS

Provision was made by the Managers for the visitation of the Retreat. The Committee and Directors sent representatives to inspect the establishment, and female visitors were also appointed. The visitors entered a dated record of their visits into ...

WARD REPORT BOOKS

These books enter details about what was going on within the wards: admissions, discharges, medicines given, patients' activities or sleeping patterns, and any other incidents. There are different series of volumes, some covering males and so...

WEEKLY RETURNS

Weekly returns were sent to the Secretary's office each Monday giving details of numbers of patients, attendants and nurses etc, and any changes during the week. The volume below is a book of stubs with these details entered. Sections for num...

Results 81 to 89 of 89