- 1879-1973 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.02 cubic metres
Name of creator
The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at Acaster Malbis was built in Gothic style in 1880 on a site given for that purpose by the lord of the manor.
It was part of the York, Wesley Circuit of the Wesleyan Connexion until after the unification of the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist churches in 1932. In 1935 the Wesley and Victoria Bar Circuits joined together and thereafter Acaster Malbis was part of the new enlarged Wesley Circuit of the Methodist Connexion.
It transferred to the new York, South Circuit with the rest of the Wesley Circuit chapels between 1981 and 2012. In 2012 it became part of the new single York Circuit of the Methodist Connexion.
As of 2016 it remains in use.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Trustees' meetings minute book, 1879-1897, 1902-1973; circular and list of subscriptions promised for building of new chapel, 1880.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material