- 1896-1975 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
A Wesleyan chapel was built at Coxwold in 1865. It was extended in the 1890s.
Originally part of the Easingwold Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist, and from 1932 single Methodist Connexion, Coxwold subsequently became part of York, North Circuit in 1972.
The chapel was still in use in the 1960s but was converted into a private house in the late 1970s.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material