- 1934-1936 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
A Primitive Methodist Chapel was built at the crossroads in High Catton in 1856, its members having previously met in private houses.
The chapel was part of the York Circuit of the Primitive Methodist Connexion until 1883 when the Circuit was divided into two and High Catton became part of the York First Circuit, renamed York, Monkgate Circuit in 1903.
In 1932 the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist Churches joined together to form the new Methodist Church of Great Britain. The Primitive Methodist chapel at High Catton was closed c.1933.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material