- 1846 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
A Primitive Methodist Chapel was built on Church Street in Dunnington in 1852. In 1908 its membership was described as 'small', although it was still active in 1919.
Originally part of the York Circuit of the Primitive Methodist Connexion, in 1883 it became part of the York, First Circuit (named the York, Monkgate Circuit from 1903) after the original Primitive Methodist Circuit was divided into two.
By the 1970s the chapel had been closed and was being used for storage. It was later converted into a private house.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material