- 1915-1949 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
A Primitive Methodist Chapel was built at Flaxton in 1826. Originally part of the York Circuit of the Primitive Methodist Connexion, it became part of the York First Circuit (renamed York, Monkgate Circuit from 1903) after the original Circuit was divided into two in 1883.
The chapel was closed c.1925 and sold in the 1930s.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material