- 1871-1968 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.02 cubic metres
Name of creator
A Wesleyan Chapel was built at Flaxton in 1816 and extended in the second half of the nineteenth century. The extension was used as a Sunday School.
Originally part of the single York Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion, Flaxton became part of York, New Street Circuit in 1867 (renamed Clifton Circuit from 1909). Following the unification of the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist churches in 1932, it remained part of York, Clifton Circuit of what was now the united Methodist Connexion and became part of York, Clifton & Monkgate Circuit from 1957.
The chapel was closed some time after 1968 and converted to private housing.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material