- 1885-1881 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
Moor Monkton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1886, on a site given by the High Sheriff of Yorkshire, Captain Slingsby. It consisted of a room with seating for 90 people and an adjoining schoolroom for Sunday School classes.
The chapel was part of the York, Wesley Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion until 1935 when, following the unification of the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist churches, the Wesley and Victoria Bar Circuits merged. Thereafter Moor Monkton was part of an enlarged York, Wesley Circuit of what was now a unified Methodist Connexion.
The chapel was closed in 1979 and the building sold.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material