- 1898-1968 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
A Wesleyan Methodist chapel was recorded at Newton on Ouse in 1840, on a site opposite the Anglican parish church. It was replaced in 1925 with a new chapel overlooking the village green which remained in use until 2003, when it was closed and subsequently converted to a private house.
The chapel was part of the Easingwold Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion until c 1932 when, following the unification of the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist churches, it became part of the Easingwold Circuit of what was now a single Methodist Connexion. In 1972 it became part of York, North Circuit.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Trustees' treasurer's account book, 1898-1968; collection journal, 1923-1935.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material