- 1945 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
Strensall Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened in 1875 on the road called The Village, opposite the Half Moon Inn. Prior to this date, the Primitive Methodist congregation had held their services in a cottage on the same site.
The new chapel comprised a single room with a gallery at one end and was built by Mr Harrison and Mr Mansfield of York. It was home to a branch of the Women's Missionary Federation, which was still active in the 1920s.
The chapel was part of the York Circuit of the Primitive Methodist Connexion until 1883 when the Circuit was divided into two and Strensall became part of the York First Circuit, known as York, Monkgate Circuit from 1903.
The chapel closed some time before 1932 and was sold in 1945.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material