- 1923-1925 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
Tollerton Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1870, although a Wesleyan meeting house was recorded in Archbishop Thomson's 1851 Visitation Returns for the Diocese of York and a 'Methodist Chapel' was noted in Edward Baines' 1823 Directory of the County of York.
It was part of the Easingwold Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion until 1932 when the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist churches joined together to form a new single Methodist Connexion. Thereafter it was part of the Easingwold Circuit of the Methodist Connexion.
The chapel remained in use until the 1960s. Its final date of closure is unknown.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material