- 1867-1936 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
Trinity Chapel was opened in Peckitt Street, York, in June 1856, by the Methodist New Connexion which had been re-established in York the previous year.
Designed by York architects J. B. and W. Atkinson, the chapel could seat 600 people and included a schoolroom, lecture room and caretaker's house. It was part of the Methodist New Connexion, York, Trinity Circuit.
In 1907 the New Connexion united with the United Methodist Free Church and Trinity Chapel became part of a new United Methodist Church Circuit. In 1911 it became part of the new Monk Bar Circuit of the United Methodist Church.
The chapel closed in 1935.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material