- 1872-1911 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
York, Wilton Street Mission opened c.1872. It was built, in part, to house the Methodist Young Men's Class established in Holgate in 1862, which had outgrown its present site.
The new Mission could accommodate 172 people and remained in use until 1910 when the new Holgate Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built. It was subsequently sold to the Railwaymen's Mission and was later used by the Salvation Army.
The chapel was part of the York, Wesley Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material