- 1923-1936 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
0.01 cubic metres
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
The Victoria Bar Circuit, more formally known as the Second York Circuit of the York Primitive Methodist Connexion, was formed in 1883 when the single York Circuit of the Primitive Methodist Connexion was divided into two.
The new Victoria Bar Primitive Methodist Chapel (opened 1880) became head of the Circuit, which included Albany Street Chapel, the Apollo Street Chapel on Heslington Road and the Nunnery Lane Mission in York. Outside of York, the Circuit included congregations at Acomb, Elvington, Heslington, Kexby and Lilling.
The Victoria Bar Circuit was part of the Leeds and York District of the Primitive Methodist Connexion. In 1889 the District comprised 25 Circuits.
In 1935, following the unification of the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist Churches, the Victoria Bar Circuit amalgamated with the York, Wesley Circuit of what had previously been the Wesleyan Methodist Connexion to form the new York, Wesley Circuit of the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents