- 1908-1931 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.03 cubic metres
Name of creator
The York and Scarborough District of the Primitive Methodist Connexion dates to at least 1908, although it may be earlier. In 1920 the District included two Primitive Methodist circuits in York and two in Scarborough, as well as circuits at Malton, Pickering, Thirsk, Middleham, Bedale, Easingwold and Helmsley.
In 1932 the Primitive, Wesleyan and United Methodist churches united to form a single Methodist Connexion and the York and Scarborough District became part of the new York and Whitby District of the Methodist Church.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material