- 1560-1980 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
0.15 cubic metres
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
The church of St Mary, Alne, was a rectory in the patronage of the Treasurer of York Minster, to whom it was appropriated in 1311, although the church building itself dates to at least the twelfth century. A vicarage was ordained there the same year and augmented in 1394.
As lord of Alne the Treasurer held peculiar temporal and spiritual jurisdiction over the town of Alne and all townships within the parish. At the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the patronage passed to the Falconbergh family whilst the lordship was granted to Edward, Duke of Somerset before reverting to the Crown.
The parish of Alne includes the villages of Alne, Aldwark, Flawith, Tholthorpe, Tollerton and Youlton. Following the dissolution of the Treasurership of York in 1547, it remained subject to the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Alne and Tollerton until the nineteenth century.
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents