- 1837-2001 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.05 cubic metres
Name of creator
St Helen’s Church, Amotherby, was founded as a chapel of ease to Appleton le Street. It was first mentioned in a charter of 1218 when it was granted, along with All Saints Church, Appleton le Street, to St Albans Abbey.
The church was rebuilt in 1871. Today the chapelry is part of the parish of Appleton le Street with Amotherby. Prior to 1837, Amotherby baptisms, marriages and burials were recorded in the Appleton le Street parish registers.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material