- 1780-2003 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.14 cubic metres
Name of creator
Barlby was a chapelry within the parish of Hemingbrough until 1895 when it became a parish in its own right. From 1481 it contained a chapel of ease. This was demolished and rebuilt c.1780, and then expanded in 1895 when it became the new parish church of All Saints, Barlby. Prior to 1780, Barlby baptisms, marriages and burials were registered at St Mary’s Church, Hemingbrough.
Barlby formed part of the peculiar jurisdiction of Howdenshire which was subject to the Dean and Chapter of Durham until the nineteenth century. In 1929 parts of the parish were transferred to Selby.
Today Hemingbrough is part of the benefice of Riccall, Barlby and Hemingbrough.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material