- 1839-1985 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.02 cubic metres
1 box and 1 roll
Name of creator
Fairburn is a chapelry within the parish of Ledsham, dedicated to St James. The church was built in 1846. Burials took place in the new churchyard from this time and in 1946 the church was also licensed to perform marriages.
The chapelry is served by the vicar of Ledsham but a curate resided at Fairburn, and was responsible for that part of the parish, until the 1940s.
Today Fairburn is part of the parish and benefice of Ledsham with Fairburn, which also includes All Saints Church at Ledsham and St Thomas a Becket Chapel at Ledston Hall.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material