- 1614-1989 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.05 cubic metres
Name of creator
Farlington was a chapelry within the parish of Sheriff Hutton until c.1871 when it became an independent parish. The parish church, previously a chapel of ease, is dedicated to St Leonard and dates to the twelfth century. A new vestry and porch were added in 1886 by architect Ewan Christian.
Today the parish is part of the united benefice of the Forest of Galtres, along with Sheriff Hutton, Marton in the Forest, Sutton on the Forest, and Stillington.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material