- 1855-2002 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.032 cubic metres
Name of creator
East Heslerton was originally a chapelry of the parish of West Heslerton. The church, dedicated to St Andrew, was built in 1877 to a design by architect George Edmund Street and at the expense of Sir Tatton Skyes of Sledmere, replacing an earlier structure. It separated from West Heslerton to form an independent parish in 1879.
St Andrew’s Church was declared redundant in 2002 and placed in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
Today East Heslerton is part of the parish of West and East Heslerton with Yedingham within the united benefice of Buckrose Carrs.