- 1539-1982 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.1 cubic metres
Name of creator
The church of St Mary at Huggate dates to the twelfth century. It was given to St Mary’s Abbey, York, c.1150 and the abbey held the patronage until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the sixteenth century when it passed to the Crown. The church was restored in 1864 and a new rectory house was built in 1936.
Today the parish of Huggate is part of the combined benefice of Pocklington Wold.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material