- 1873-1982 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.06 cubic metres
Name of creator
Luttons Ambo comprises the two villages of East Lutton and West Lutton. It was a chapelry within the parish of Weaverthorpe until 1856 when it was transferred to Helperthorpe parish. In 1874 it separated from Helperthorpe to form its own parish.
The parish church of St Mary’s is situated in West Lutton. It was built on the site of the medieval chapel of ease between 1872 and 1875 by architect George Edmund Street.
Today the parish is part of the combined benefice of Weaverthorpe with Helperthorpe, Kirby Grindalythe and Wharram le Street.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material