- 1861-1984 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.08 cubic metres
Name of creator
Micklefield was a chapelry within the parish of Sherburn in Elmet until 1886, when it separated from Sherburn to form its own parish. The old chapel of ease, which dated to at least 1528, had been replaced with a new church in 1861, built at the expense of Thomas Davison Bland of Kippax Park.
Today St Mary’s is part of the benefice of Aberford with Micklefield, within the Sherburn in Elmet group of churches.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material