- 1609-1999 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.11 cubic metres
7 boxes and 2 rolls
Name of creator
The present church of St Margaret’s at Millington dates to the twelfth century. In 1252 a vicarage was ordained jointly in the chapels of Givendale and Millington, and the united benefice remained subject to the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of York as Prebend of Givendale until the nineteenth century.
Parts of the church and the tower were rebuilt in the 1820s and the church was later restored in 1884. A reredos was given by Mr George Hudson of York in memory of his wife, the daughter of a vicar of the parish. In 2008 a new stained glass window was installed, designed by Thomas Denny.
Today the parish of Millington is part of the united benefice of Pocklington Wold, which also includes Great Givendale, Huggate, Nunburnholme and Pocklington.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material