- 1689-1977 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.04 cubic metres
Name of creator
The church at North Grimston is dedicated to St Nicholas and dates to the twelfth century. It was appropriated to the Prebend of Langtoft at an early date and remained subject to its peculiar jurisdiction until the nineteenth century. A vicarage was ordained there in 1408.
A tower was added in the thirteenth century and the church was extended in the seventeenth century, by which time there was also a vicarage house present. It was restored in the 1880s by the architect George Fowler Jones.
Today the parish is part of the benefice of West Buckrose, which also includes Acklam, Birdsall, Burythorpe, Leavening, Langton, Settrington with Scagglesthorpe, and Westow.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material