- 1843-1978 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.06 cubic metres
Name of creator
Stamford Bridge was a chapelry within the parish of Catton until 1868, when the new parish was formed from parts of Catton and Gate Helmsley.
A new church was built there in the 1860s, to a design by George Fowler Jones, and consecrated on 28 January 1868. The building work was partly funded by Charles Darley of Burtonfield Hall.
In 1957 it became the parish church of what was now the parish of Stamford Bridge with Catton and Scoreby. A new parsonage house was built in 1956 and the churchyard was enlarged in 1936.
Today the parish of Stamford Bridge with Catton and Scoreby is part of the Stamford Bridge Group of parishes, together with Scrayingham and Low Catton.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material