- 1866-2012 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 cubic metres
Name of creator
Tockwith was a chapelry within the parish of Bilton in Ainsty until 1867 when it separated to form an independent parish. The parish church, dedicated to the Feast of the Epiphany, was built in 1864-1866 by architects Mallinson and Healey of Bradford and Halifax, at the expense of Mrs York of Wighill Park. The site of the church and its attendant burial ground was given by Andrew Montagu, lord of the manor. Prior to the building of the new church, parishioners had to walk two miles to St Helen’s Church, Bilton, for worship.
Today Tockwith is part of the parish of Marston Moor within the benefice of North Ainsty.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material