- 1943-1992 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.02 cubic metres
Name of creator
Tollerton is part of the parish of Alne and was served by the parish church of St Mary, Alne, until the erection of a mission church in 1955, although a chapel certainly existed there in the sixteenth century.
The church was refurbished in 1980 and was subsequently dedicated to St Michael. It has since been extended to create two new meeting rooms, a kitchen and a vestry.
Today the village is part of the benefice of Alne, which also includes Alne and Aldwark.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material