- 1689-1995 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.07 cubic metres
Name of creator
The church of Warthill was appropriated to the Prebend of Warthill in the See of York at an early date and remained subject to its peculiar jurisdiction until the nineteenth century. In 1840 the patronage of the church was transferred to the Archbishop of York. The living was augmented in 1715, 1767, 1791 and 1806.
The medieval parish church was demolished in the 1780s and replaced by a brick building, dedicated to St Mary, in 1787. The present church was built in 1873-1876 to a design by J. G. Hall of Canterbury and at the expense of Mrs and Miss Agar of Brockfield.
Today the parish of Warthill is part of the benefice of Rural East York, which also includes Dunnington, Holtby and Stockton on the Forest.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material