- 1896-1955 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.02 cubic metres
Name of creator
Welburn was a chapelry within the parish of Bulmer until 1986 when it became a parish in its own right, as part of a new benefice of Dalby, Terrington and Welburn.
The parish church, which is dedicated to St John, had been built between 1859 and 1865 by architects Mallinson & Healey of Bradford, on a site given by George Howard of nearby Castle Howard, the Earl of Carlisle.
Today the parish, which includes the village of Crambeck, is part of the Howardian Group benefice, which also includes Bulmer, Dalby, Huttons Ambo, and Terrington.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material