- 1869-1987 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.19 cubic metres
Name of creator
The church of Holy Trinity, Heworth was consecrated in 1869, and 1870 separated from the parish of York, St Saviour in 1870 to form the modern parish of York, Holy Trinity Heworth.
In 1936 parts of Huntington, Osbaldwick and York, St Cuthbert were added to the parish., and a mission chapel in the western part of the parish was dedicated to St Wulfstan in 1941. The parish also included Christ Church on Stockton Lane from 1964 until 1998 when it separated to form an independent parish.
The church is built in the Early English style by architect George Fowler Jones and contains a large wooden reredos made in the Bavarian town of Oberammergau.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material