- 1902-2013 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.18 cubic metres
Name of creator
The church of St Luke was built on Burton Stone Lane between 1900 and 1902 to serve as a chapel of ease to St Thomas. Designed by James Demaine and Walter Brierley, it was consecrated on 12 April 1902.
In 1910 it separated from St Thomas to join with York, St Olave parish. It was granted a license to conduct marriages in 1920 and in 1930 it was assigned a consolidated chapelry and separated from St Olave to form an independent parish. An alteration of the boundaries with St Philip and St James, Clifton occurred on the 27th Nov 1961.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material