Fundos PR/Y/LUK - Parish records of York, St Luke

Zona de identificação

Código de referência

PR/Y/LUK

Título

Parish records of York, St Luke

Data(s)

  • 1902-2013 (Produção)

Nível de descrição

Fundos

Dimensão e suporte

0.18 cubic metres

10 boxes

Zona do contexto

Nome do produtor

(1910-)

História administrativa

The church of St Luke was built on Burton Stone Lane between 1900 and 1902 to serve as a chapel of ease to St Thomas. Designed by James Demaine and Walter Brierley, it was consecrated on 12 April 1902.

In 1910 it separated from St Thomas to join with York, St Olave parish. It was granted a license to conduct marriages in 1920 and in 1930 it was assigned a consolidated chapelry and separated from St Olave to form an independent parish. An alteration of the boundaries with St Philip and St James, Clifton occurred on the 27th Nov 1961.

História do arquivo

Fonte imediata de aquisição ou transferência

The archive was deposited at the Borthwick Institute in 1975 by the incumbent. Further additions were made to the archive in 1982, 1997, 2008, 2012 and 2014.

Zona do conteúdo e estrutura

Âmbito e conteúdo

Includes register of christenings, 1902-2004; register of marriages, 1921-1996; register of burials, 1949-1975; register of banns, 1921-1984; register of services, 1907-1988, 2008-2013; churchwardens’ records, including fabric papers, 1928-1973, 1978 (organ); records of incumbent, including preacher's book, 1902-1906, and curate's papers 1975; records concerning parish rooms and societies, including Mothers' Union minutes of meetings, 1931-1953, and Youth Club accounts, 1961-1963; Vestry/Parochial Church Council records, including minutes of meetings, 1901-1921, 1928-1976, 1980-1997, 1999-2003, 2005-2006, 2008-2011, correspondence and papers, 1932-1950, 1982-1992, accounts, 1905-1982, and electoral roll, 1936-1978.

Ingressos adicionais

Further accruals are expected.

Sistema de organização

Zona de condições de acesso e utilização

Condições de acesso

Records are open to the public, subject to the overriding provisions of relevant legislation, including data protection laws. 24 hours' notice is required to access photographic material.

Condiçoes de reprodução

A reprographics service is available to researchers subject to the access restrictions outlined above. Copying will not be undertaken if there is any risk of damage to the document. Copies are supplied in accordance with the Borthwick Institute for Archives' terms and conditions for the supply of copies, and under provisions of any relevant copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce images of documents in the custody of the Borthwick Institute must be sought.

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

Notas ao idioma e script

Características físicas e requisitos técnicos

Instrumentos de descrição

A typescript finding aid, to file level, is available for consultation in the searchroom of the Borthwick Institute. This includes all material received up to and including 2008. Later material has not yet been listed.

Instrumento de pesquisa transferido

Zona de documentação associada

Existência e localização de originais

Existência e localização de cópias

Registers of christenings, 1902-1964, marriages, 1921-1973, and burials, 1949-1975, are also available on microfilm at the Borthwick Institute (References: MF 846).

Unidades de descrição relacionadas

Descrições relacionadas

Zona das notas

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo da descrição

Identificador da descrição

Identificador da instituição

GB 193

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

ISAD (G): General International Standard Archival Description, International Council on Archives (2nd edition, 2000); Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names, National Council on Archives (1997).

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão, eliminação

Created by S. A. Shearn, 20.11.15

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

Zona da incorporação